Strength in diversity
The Inspire Network
Since 2014, The Inspire Network has been a vital part of how we approach inclusive culture at Save-On-Foods. We believe our workforce should represent our customers, our team members and our communities in all areas of our company. Through Inspire, we aim to:
- Build a strong company through a culture where everyone is equally valued and respected.
- Support our leadership pipeline by fostering equality, diversity of thought, gender, skill, culture, experience and age.
- Encourage and support those who want to make a difference and drive change.
- Empower those who want to take ownership of their careers and have the courage and desire to take on a leadership role.
We believe that when this is done right, it will help us be a company that reflects the wants and needs of our very diverse customer base — and make us a fantastic place to work.
Over the past five years, The Inspire Network has worked to bring awareness to gender equality through consistent efforts in the company. A working committee now meets on a regular basis to develop content, strategies and plan events and workshops — with regional reps that help bring these efforts to our many regions.
This has led to a lot of great support for initiatives.
- We have facilitated annual leadership development workshops on the importance of diversity, unconscious bias and why male engagement is critically important to the network.
- We give back to our communities by supporting Dress for Success — whose mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support.
- We’re thrilled that Save-On-Foods women have been recognized every year since inception as STAR WOMEN in Grocery by Canadian Grocer — which recognizes the remarkable achievements of women working in the grocery industry.
Embracing the future of our team members
Health and Wellness
Diversity and Inclusion
Protecting our team members
Team Member Health and Wellness
- 1Fully engage in creating shared value across the organization in the priority areas of caring for customers, sustainability and community leadership.
- 2Continually improve diversity, innovation, fun, integrity, entrepreneurship and transparency across our organization.
- 3Deliver results and share our success across the organization and through our annual Corporate Responsibility report.